• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ahmedkotb

perspective projection problem

This topic is 2473 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi,
i have been reading recently about perspective projection and decided to implement a simple demo. (which includes a simple cube and a 5*5 units grid)
after implementing the perspective projection , i faced a strange phenomena when the pov is near to the box, the grid lines get corrupted (gather towards one point) also if i get more nearer the box is corrupted also.
i feel that this is a property of perspective projection that i don't understand
here is a picture
[media]http://i.stack.imgur.com/dofWD.png[/media]

you can try the demo here also (mouse wheel is used to zoom)

any illustration well be appreciated , thanks

Advertisement
Hi. No, it's not property of [color=#1C2837][size=2]perspective projection. It seems that this artefact is result of division by zero. What is value of near plane in your demo?

Hi. No, it's not property of [color="#1C2837"]perspective projection. It seems that this artefact is result of division by zero. What is value of near plane in your demo?

the near plane value = -10
the far plane value = -20

may be because the lines is out of frustum ? i haven't done any clipping yet.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!