• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mmakrzem

Help needed creating Visual Studio 2010 Add-in

This topic is 2644 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

[font="Times New Roman"] [/font][font="Times New Roman"]Hello,[/font]

[font="Times New Roman"]I created a visual studio add-in that copies somepredefined resource files from my hard drive and inserts them into the currentproject when you activate the addin from the Tools menu. I created the addin byusing New Project > Other Project Types > Extensibility > VisualStudio Add-in[/font]

[font="Times New Roman"]I wrote my addin in C# and compiled it so now I have aMyAddin.dll file.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman"]My Questions are:[/font]

[font="Times New Roman"]1) How do I package the addin so that I can distribute it toother people. I believe I need to use New Project > OtherLanguages > Visual C# > Extensibility > VSIX Project? Is there a tutorial that explains step by step how to put my dll into the vsix project?[/font]

[font="Times New Roman"]2) My Addin copies prefefined resource files from the hard drive and inserts them into the current project when the addin is run. How do I package these resource files into the VSIX file so that
they too are distributed with the addin?

[/font][font="Times New Roman"] [/font][font="Times New Roman"]3) After a user installs my addin extension on theircomputer, where are the resource files going to be placed on their harddrive? I need to know how to access this location from within my addinC# code so that I can copy the files to the current project when the addin isactivated[/font][font="Times New Roman"] [/font]

[font="Times New Roman"] [/font][font="Times New Roman"]Thank you for your help,[/font][font="Times New Roman"] [/font]

[font="Times New Roman"] [/font]

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!