Sign in to follow this  
mmakrzem

Help needed creating Visual Studio 2010 Add-in

[font="Times New Roman"] [/font][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]Hello,[/font][/size]

[size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]I created a visual studio add-in that copies somepredefined resource files from my hard drive and inserts them into the currentproject when you activate the addin from the Tools menu. I created the addin byusing New Project > Other Project Types > Extensibility > VisualStudio Add-in[/font][/size]

[size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]I wrote my addin in C# and compiled it so now I have aMyAddin.dll file.[/font][/size]

[size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]My Questions are:[/font][/size]

[size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]1) How do I package the addin so that I can distribute it toother people. I believe I need to use New Project > OtherLanguages > Visual C# > Extensibility > VSIX Project? Is there a tutorial that explains step by step how to put my dll into the vsix project?[/font][/size]

[size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]2) My Addin copies prefefined resource files from the hard drive and inserts them into the current project when the addin is run. How do I package these resource files into the VSIX file so that
they too are distributed with the addin?

[/font][/size][font="Times New Roman"] [/font][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]3) After a user installs my addin extension on theircomputer, where are the resource files going to be placed on their harddrive? I need to know how to access this location from within my addinC# code so that I can copy the files to the current project when the addin isactivated[/font][/size][font="Times New Roman"] [/font]

[font="Times New Roman"] [/font][size="3"][font="Times New Roman"]Thank you for your help,[/font][/size][font="Times New Roman"] [/font]

[font="Times New Roman"] [/font]