Sign in to follow this  
TheDodo

Good AI Programming Books

Hey, I'm doing an independent study this coming semester where the large majority of my time will be focused around game AI. I am doing this in C# with XNA, and am having trouble finding any books that cover this topic using C#. I am hoping some people on here might know of any? Even though I am looking for C#, I am open to non-language specific books as well.

[quote name='TheDodo' timestamp='1313713870' post='4851000']
Hey, I'm doing an independent study this coming semester where the large majority of my time will be focused around game AI. I am doing this in C# with XNA, and am having trouble finding any books that cover this topic using C#. I am hoping some people on here might know of any? Even though I am looking for C#, I am open to non-language specific books as well.
[/quote]
Sticky topic at the top of the forum. You'll know which one. [img]http://public.gamedev.net/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[quote name='IADaveMark' timestamp='1313723449' post='4851039']
[quote name='TheDodo' timestamp='1313713870' post='4851000']
[/quote]
Sticky topic at the top of the forum. You'll know which one. [img]http://public.gamedev.net/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Yes, but that doesn't cover what I asked, which was a C# specific book.

[quote name='TheDodo' timestamp='1313796322' post='4851426']
Yes, but that doesn't cover what I asked, which was a C# specific book.
[/quote]
Correction... you mentioned that you were open to non-language-specific books as well. Those are the ones that you have to choose from. The pointed absence of the mention of a C#-specific title would imply that there are no C#-specific books available and, as such, we have defaulted to your broader request.

That being said, 95% of game code is in C++ with a smattering of scripting languages such as Lua, Python, etc. in there. C# is, by its very nature, a modification of C++. It would, therefore, behoove you to at least be familiar with C++ and make the translation on your own... especially since your foray into C# game programming is going to be full of those translations as you attempt to use books, code snippets, etc.