Sign in to follow this  
over_optimistic

making levels in inkscape alternatives

I've been using inkscape to make levels and it makes my shapes too complex! Basically inkscape outputs a svg file which is an image saved in xml data. Using this I add my own info saying "this is main player" "this is movable" "this is a sensor for whatever" and etc... Inkscape keeps on over complicating the format as I improve my levels and I have to right code for each extra complication. Now I'm tired of this, most of my time is spent figuring out why my level is not being rendered properly, and it always comes down to something new inkscape is using of some sort of transform or whatever. I'm on my 3'rd level and I feel I learned too much about svg format, its simple but easily gets complicated with all the various transforms and ways of representing the same thing. I dont mind svg as long as the program outputs something simple!

I want to draw polygons and for some polygons add simple text data. Is there anything that can do this? simpler format the better. Or perhaps make inkscape output really simple svgs without any special transform data and the like!