Company name

Started by
12 comments, last by Ashaman73 12 years, 7 months ago
I had always created games under the label, "Glow-in-the-Dark Studios" and I am now looking into selling my first game. The thing is, there's a group that uses that name already. I guess my question is, Is it worth going ahead using the name or should I just find a new name? I would really like to use that name because it fits my "company" so well.

Your thoughts are appreciated!
Advertisement
Ask your lawyer. A little lawyer expense now can save you a big lawyer expense later.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Yeah, that's good advice. But hasn't anyone else encountered something like this? I thought someone who has been in a similar situation could help me out.

Yeah, that's good advice. But hasn't anyone else encountered something like this? I thought someone who has been in a similar situation could help me out.

Yes. Other threads have discussed this before. You can search the forum for them, and it's very likely you'll get your answer therein before someone who's been there replies to your post. (In other words, searching out the older posts here will take less time.)

Thanks! Sorry for the trouble!

Thanks! Sorry for the trouble!

No, I'm the one who's sorry -- sorry that the way to get the info is so much more trouble than somebody just handing it to you instantly when you ask. Although somebody might show up any minute and do just that.

I don't mean to be rude, but I have looked around the forums before posting. I couldn't find any that matched well enough with my situation. But I also want you to know that I think I've found what I needed. I appriciate that you're willing to help, but I think your last comment was a little...unfriendly.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer me!
I wasn't being unfriendly. I think it really is too bad that the fastest way to find the info is to dig it out yourself. Maybe someday in the future, as we evolve more into a hive mind, someone would be able to put a question like this out there and instantly get an answer back. This internet thingy is getting us there slowly but surely. Just that we aren't there yet.

And after I replied to you to look around on the forum, I looked and found another post along the lines of yours, without having to go back to a previous page of threads. So I was satisfied that my advice to you was not wrong.

I'm sorry you thought I was being unfriendly.

You said you were sorry, and I hadn't meant for you to feel a need to say that. So I was trying to sympathize. It backfired in my face.

I guess I misunderstood your post. I thought you were saying something totally different. I guess that's the bad thing about not actually talking; you don't always communicate very well.

I will take a look again on the forums; it's sometimes a bit hard to find exactly what you're looking for.

Again, my apololgies for not assuming the best from you. I guess I've read too many forum posts bashing others. Thank you again for all your help!

P.S. I just looked at your site and it looks pretty useful!
Cool. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement