Sign in to follow this  
Tiege

Frames Only Update When I Move Mouse?

I had this problem with a couple of the programs I made to learn about loading x files. I recreated the static and animated x file tutorials tiger.x and tiny.x. I noticed however the animation ONLY worked if I moved my mouse or hit some keys. I have to keep moving my mouse or hit keys on the keyboard to make the animations continue. What's causing this?

[quote name='Tiege' timestamp='1313964478' post='4852026']
I had this problem with a couple of the programs I made to learn about loading x files. I recreated the static and animated x file tutorials tiger.x and tiny.x. I noticed however the animation ONLY worked if I moved my mouse or hit some keys. I have to keep moving my mouse or hit keys on the keyboard to make the animations continue. What's causing this?
[/quote]
GetMessage is causing this. If there are no messages, it blocks. Use PeekMessage instead.

Thanks bunches :)
[quote name='samoth' timestamp='1313964685' post='4852027']
[quote name='Tiege' timestamp='1313964478' post='4852026']
[/quote]
GetMessage is causing this. If there are no messages, it blocks. Use PeekMessage instead.
[/quote]