High res monitor for programming

Started by
0 comments, last by Ravyne 12 years, 7 months ago
I'm about to invest into a monitor for work (programming). Requirements are: minimum resolution of 1920*1080, text should very easy to read.
Ideally a 27" would be nice with their 2560*1440 resolution.

Dell UltraSharp U2711 caught my eye. Reasonably priced, high resolution and most customer reviews seemed to like it. Except, some said it was crap at displaying text due to it's extensive use of anti-glare protection, so I guess that one is out of the question.

Recommendations?
Advertisement
I bought a U2711 for my girlfriend for her birthday. Its a gorgeous monitor, and I don't personally have any problem reading text from it. The panel itself is the same IPS panel Apple uses in their 27" iMac and displays, but its CCFL backlit in the u2711, rather than LED backlit as it is in the Apple products. CCFL consumes more energy, but produces a wider color gamut.

The color gamut is 103% of the Adobe gamut, and the monitor comes pre-calibrated from the factory -- it may be off from the conditions in your location, but its going to be a damn-sight closer than your typical monitor. If you care about it, I wouldn't touch the calibration unless you've got the equipment to measure your changes properly.

I'm dreaming of getting the 30" model for myself -- its roughly the same size, but its a 16:10 display at 2560x1600 -- its about 50% more expensive though.

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement