What the... hey! (where's the CD)

Started by
3 comments, last by Xorcist 22 years, 7 months ago
That''s right, I just attempted to locate and order the DirectX 8.0 SDK from Microsoft... but low and behold there isn''t one?!?! Do they seriously expect me to download 100+ Megs on my 56k dialup? If so, are they also insane (This is a retorical question as we all know they are insane)? Whatever happened to ordering the CD for like $15? Please tell me I''m just looking in the wrong place and a CD does actually exist.
Advertisement
Why don''t you go out and buy a pc magazine which have it on their CD ? I guess it''s harder to find then their runtime but I have seen it.

/Joachim
It is there somewhere, its just extremely difficult to find. I had the same problem. I *did* have a link to it, I just checked it and it is no longer valid.

You just need to searc some more.

D.V.
D.V.Carpe Diem
E-mail directx@microsoft.com about it.

I did, and they sent me one free of charge (but then, I do know the guys incharge of the group)

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

Here''s something for ya, Get a download manager( if you don''t understand what this is, do a search for "download manager" in a search engine to find out ) and then go and download the 100+ mb for the SDK which you can pause when ever you leave the internet and restart the next time you log on. Now, you can just start the download before going to bed and stop it in the morning when you wake up. And finish the download when ever you feel like it.

"And that''s the bottom line cause I said so!"

Cyberdrek
Headhunter Soft
A division of DLC Multimedia

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!

"gitty up" -- Kramer
[Cyberdrek | ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement