Deus Ex: Human Revolution?

Started by
64 comments, last by Telgin 12 years, 6 months ago
muhaha trying to do my first run through without killing anyone. It's going well. Also play the hardest difficulty. I imagine anything else is child's play.
Advertisement
I'm curious how the difficulty works? Are there different settings? Is it adaptive? Anyone know?
I have 2 minor complaints. First the load times. Like above, the load times are a bit on the high side, especially reloading the last save point. in a mission. I could understand the loads taking longer for loading in entirely new data, but I'm often reloading save points that are just at the start of the room I died in.

Second, I wish things you could use were highlighted a different color than things you could pick up and throw. I can't help but think that I am missing tons of ammo or hackable terminals because everything is highlighted with the same yellow. I took the combat rifle on the first mission, used up all my ammo before even getting inside, and didn't find more until the end of the mission.

Does anyone know if boss fights ruin the xp bonuses for not killing anybody?

I'm curious how the difficulty works? Are there different settings? Is it adaptive? Anyone know?

You select your difficulty when you start. Not sure if it adapts afterward or not.
OMG Ton's dead! (runs over) *chuff* OMG Ray's dead! (runs over) *chuff* OMG Lee's dead! (runs over) *chuff*.... etc, etc :)

dxhrpile.jpg

I didn't drag anyone, this is where they all fell. BOOM HEADSHOT

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

OMG Ton's dead! (runs over) *chuff* OMG Ray's dead! (runs over) *chuff* OMG Lee's dead! (runs over) *chuff*.... etc, etc :)

381343447.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1314291158&Signature=m33YexN%2FoNwqpt7olQhcBCS4ZNk%3D

I didn't drag anyone, this is where they all fell. BOOM HEADSHOT

The image is broken for me <_<

[quote name='venatiodecorus' timestamp='1314246198' post='4853515']

You select your difficulty when you start. Not sure if it adapts afterward or not.
[/quote]
I don't believe it's adaptive, but you can change it at any time. I was very tempted to turn it down from the highest setting after a few attempts at the first boss (the difficult curve suddenly hit a wall), but eventually I found a tactic that worked... although I agree it doesn't seem right that you have to fight someone to proceed, especially since the series has always been about accommodating all different play styles, especially the non-confrontational. IIRC, in the original game, the only boss you had to fight was Simons (it might even have been possible to just run past, although I've never tried it myself), and that battle was foreshadowed for most the game. The rest could be avoided if you knew the right information or made certain decisions during the course of the game.

IIRC, in the original game, the only boss you had to fight was Simons

Nope.

Granted, most of these non-confrontations were a bit lame, but still, they were an option that didn't exactly bug anything out or come through as some obscure exploit.

[quote name='Zipster' timestamp='1314296921' post='4853766']
IIRC, in the original game, the only boss you had to fight was Simons

Nope.

Granted, most of these non-confrontations were a bit lame, but still, they were an option that didn't exactly bug anything out or come through as some obscure exploit.
[/quote]
Well, like I said, he was possibly avoidable, I just never tried it myself :) Plus I always encountered him in the underwater lab so there must have been something I did differently.
Am I the only one that likes to kill everyone?
Regarding loading speeds, a patch was released today!

Patch notes: "The speed increase depends on machine spec and settings, but loading time improvements of over 50% have been measured on some machines."

!!!!!!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement