Interview

Started by
2 comments, last by RanBlade 12 years, 8 months ago
I have a question about the job interview for a programming position, I've never had to do a real job interview before with my line of work. I was just curious how formal the suit or attire is for a programming interview? Does it need to be the full blown suit/tie or a little less formal. I don't want to overdress or under dress for my interviews and to find out what I need to buy because I don't really own a suit or any "formal" clothing. Thank you in advance.

Eric Ranaldi a.k.a RanBlade

[size=1]"Passion is what drives you to stay up until 4am fixing that bug that hardly anyone would notice...

[size=1]Passion is where great games come from, if you dont live and breathe games you shouldn't be in the games industry."

[size=2]- Dave Pottinger, Ensemble Studios

[size=1][GameDev][C++ Page][Unity Game Engine][Panda3D Game Engine][NeHe Productions][Drunken Hyena][MSDN][Beej's Guide to Network Programming]

[size=1][FreedBSD][My Site][Gamasutra][Khan Acadamey]

Advertisement
Do not wear a suit!
Dress one notch above how you will dress at work.
If you normally will wear blue jeans, sneakers, and a t-shirt, then wear blue jeans with a button-down shirt and nice shoes.

If you show up wearing a necktie, everybody will snicker about the dweeb who thinks he has to dress up. They'll hide the snicker and be polite, but the point is, it's a bad first impression you'd have to overcome.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Ask the HR representative that's setting up the interview for you. This is a normal question to ask, and I've asked it before every interview. Different offices have different dress codes and expectations for interview candidates.

-me
Thank you both very much for the replies. I will use both of your suggestions.

Eric Ranaldi a.k.a RanBlade

[size=1]"Passion is what drives you to stay up until 4am fixing that bug that hardly anyone would notice...

[size=1]Passion is where great games come from, if you dont live and breathe games you shouldn't be in the games industry."

[size=2]- Dave Pottinger, Ensemble Studios

[size=1][GameDev][C++ Page][Unity Game Engine][Panda3D Game Engine][NeHe Productions][Drunken Hyena][MSDN][Beej's Guide to Network Programming]

[size=1][FreedBSD][My Site][Gamasutra][Khan Acadamey]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement