Tetris sample in DirectX 10

Started by
12 comments, last by QMC 12 years, 7 months ago
UnrealEngine and Source are game engines, I know.
The only thing I don't know are the command you can use in DirectX, THAT'S my problem.
Advertisement
Before you start to speak Japanese, you usually look up lessons or take classes to grab the rules of the language and then jump in for practice, you don't just start watching subtitled anime so you can analyze the language and figure it out. Clearly, both ways are, in a sense, a possibility but clearly the latter option is a magnitude more difficult. Judging by your past two posts, that's what you're trying to do. It's like studying the final product so you can understand the tools. You don't learn how to use a hammer by studying a standing house. You either learn to use it before you begin your work or figure it out while you're at it.

That's enough of the metaphors for now, though. If you want to study DirectX seriously, go look up tutorials for DirectX or buy yourself a book about it. All you need to know about DirectX to make Tetris is how to render a bitmap or a shape at a specific position. Everything else is logic work.

Yo dawg, don't even trip.

I would be grateful if someone would provide me a game tutorial which covers game logic.
Never mind about this topic, I've buyed a book covering all this.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement