Tetris sample in DirectX 10

Started by
12 comments, last by QMC 12 years, 7 months ago
I want a Tetris sample in DirectX 10 with C++. Does anyone know a sample?

Thanks in advance,

QMC
Advertisement
Not to kybosh your plan, but why 10? 9 has the mass support ( XP ) and 11 is the most current/powerful. To use 10, you are giving up the vast support of 9 while gaining nothing in return.
My GPU is too old for DX11, and DX10 has more features than DX9
Why not just program in DirectX11 and set it to target DirectX10 hardware?
So you can learn DirectX11 instead of DirectX10.
Is that possible? That's great! Now I'm only waiting for the sample...
After some searching, i don't think there are any tetris samples in DirectX11.
But if you want to learn DirectX11 maybe these links can help :

http://www.directxtutorial.com/ (paid, but got some free tutorials)
http://www.rastertek.com/tutindex.html (free, but in my opinion not so good as the above)

both in DirectX11 or DirectX10
I preveously followed rastertek.com, but it only focuses at graphics, not at making a game.
Tetris is one of those games you should try to figure out yourself, it's very simple to design and implement and is therefore recommended a lot to beginners on these boards
A sample of a full tetris implementation won't teach you anything

I gets all your texture budgets!

@Radikalizm: That's like telling me to write something in Japanese, while I can't! I'm new to DirectX and I don't know how to use it. I want a Tetris sample so I can figure out how DirectX works. All the tutorials I followed were only related to graphics, not to a game in general.

@Radikalizm: That's like telling me to write something in Japanese, while I can't! I'm new to DirectX and I don't know how to use it. I want a Tetris sample so I can figure out how DirectX works. All the tutorials I followed were only related to graphics, not to a game in general.

You do realize that that's what DirectX is right? DirectX is not a game engine, it's a graphics library, all the game related stuff is up to you

I gets all your texture budgets!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement