[SFML] error 0xc015002 help please :S

Started by
6 comments, last by RojanShrestha 12 years, 7 months ago
hello, i have been trying to set up sfml on visual studio 2010, ( sfml 1.6) and i have tried ALOT of thing but nothing works , i recompiled the project i have downloaded the filles from a site that said those where the compiles vs 2010 lib filles ect ect i have linked evrything correctly ( i really hope ) and i was able to use some functions in command prompt but as soon as i try to make a basic window it gives me "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0150002). Click OK to close the application. i have the .dll's in the main projects folder, and im not getting any compiler errors :S

this is the code

#include <SFML/Window.hpp>

int main()
{

sf::Window App(sf::VideoMode(800, 600, 32), "SFML Test Window");

bool Running = true;

while (Running){
App.Display();
}

return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}

and this is the debug output

'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Users\SEX\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\sfml\Debug\sfml.exe', Symbols loaded.
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\snxhk.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Users\SEX\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\sfml\sfml\sfml-window-d.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
The program '[7996] sfml.exe: Native' has exited with code -1072365566 (0xc0150002).

what should i do ? reinstal vs 2010? get another ide? i am pretty bummed out about this i have been trying recompiling and relinking over and over i hope i did not just screw it up even more.

any more info that could help?
Advertisement

hello, i have been trying to set up sfml on visual studio 2010, ( sfml 1.6) and i have tried ALOT of thing but nothing works , i recompiled the project i have downloaded the filles from a site that said those where the compiles vs 2010 lib filles ect ect i have linked evrything correctly ( i really hope ) and i was able to use some functions in command prompt but as soon as i try to make a basic window it gives me "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0150002). Click OK to close the application. i have the .dll's in the main projects folder, and im not getting any compiler errors :S

this is the code

#include <SFML/Window.hpp>

int main()
{

sf::Window App(sf::VideoMode(800, 600, 32), "SFML Test Window");

bool Running = true;

while (Running){
App.Display();
}

return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}

and this is the debug output

'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Users\SEX\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\sfml\Debug\sfml.exe', Symbols loaded.
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\snxhk.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Users\SEX\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\sfml\sfml\sfml-window-d.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
The program '[7996] sfml.exe: Native' has exited with code -1072365566 (0xc0150002).

what should i do ? reinstal vs 2010? get another ide? i am pretty bummed out about this i have been trying recompiling and relinking over and over i hope i did not just screw it up even more.

any more info that could help?

are you linking your .lib files correctly. I think you are linking to sfml-system-d.lib where as the project should be linked to sfml-system-s-d.lib;... and other .lib files

like this?
sfml-system-s-d.lib
sfml-window-s-d.lib

with those linker settings i get this error

1>------ Build started: Project: sfml, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Build started 26/08/2011 12:45:18 AM.
1>InitializeBuildStatus:
1> Creating "Debug\sfml.unsuccessfulbuild" because "AlwaysCreate" was specified.
1>ClCompile:
1> All outputs are up-to-date.
1>ManifestResourceCompile:
1>Link:
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ??1?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE@XZ (public: __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::~basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >(void)) imported
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(Window.obj) : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol ??1?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE@XZ (public: __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::~basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >(void)) imported in function "protected: static void __cdecl std::deque<class sf::Event,class std::allocator<class sf::Event> >::_Xlen(void)" (?_Xlen@?$deque@VEvent@sf@@V?$allocator@VEvent@sf@@@std@@@std@@KAXXZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(VideoMode.obj) : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ??1?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE@XZ (public: __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::~basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >(void)) imported
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImpl.obj) : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ??1?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE@XZ (public: __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::~basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >(void)) imported
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(VideoModeSupport.obj) : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol ??1?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE@XZ (public: __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::~basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >(void)) imported in function "class std::_Vector_iterator<class sf::VideoMode,class std::allocator<class sf::VideoMode> > __cdecl std::_Checked_base<class std::_Vector_iterator<class sf::VideoMode,class std::allocator<class sf::VideoMode> > >(class std::_Vector_iterator<class sf::VideoMode,class std::allocator<class sf::VideoMode> > &)" (??$_Checked_base@V?$_Vector_iterator@VVideoMode@sf@@V?$allocator@VVideoMode@sf@@@std@@@std@@@std@@YA?AV?$_Vector_iterator@VVideoMode@sf@@V?$allocator@VVideoMode@sf@@@std@@@0@AAV10@@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol ??0?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE@PBD@Z (public: __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >(char const *)) imported in function "public: __thiscall std::vector<unsigned char,class std::allocator<unsigned char> >::vector<unsigned char,class std::allocator<unsigned char> >(unsigned int)" (??0?$vector@EV?$allocator@E@std@@@std@@QAE@I@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(Window.obj) : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol ??0?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE@PBD@Z (public: __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >(char const *)) imported in function "protected: static void __cdecl std::deque<class sf::Event,class std::allocator<class sf::Event> >::_Xlen(void)" (?_Xlen@?$deque@VEvent@sf@@V?$allocator@VEvent@sf@@@std@@@std@@KAXXZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(VideoMode.obj) : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol ??0?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE@PBD@Z (public: __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >(char const *)) imported in function "public: class std::_Vector_iterator<class sf::VideoMode,class std::allocator<class sf::VideoMode> > & __thiscall std::_Vector_iterator<class sf::VideoMode,class std::allocator<class sf::VideoMode> >::operator+=(int)" (??Y?$_Vector_iterator@VVideoMode@sf@@V?$allocator@VVideoMode@sf@@@std@@@std@@QAEAAV01@H@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImpl.obj) : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ??0?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE@PBD@Z (public: __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >(char const *)) imported
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(VideoModeSupport.obj) : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ??0?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE@PBD@Z (public: __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >(char const *)) imported
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(Window.obj) : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol ?length@?$char_traits@D@std@@SAIPBD@Z (public: static unsigned int __cdecl std::char_traits<char>::length(char const *)) imported in function "class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > & __cdecl std::operator<<<struct std::char_traits<char> >(class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > &,char const *)" (??$?6U?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@YAAAV?$basic_ostream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@0@AAV10@PBD@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ?length@?$char_traits@D@std@@SAIPBD@Z (public: static unsigned int __cdecl std::char_traits<char>::length(char const *)) imported
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol ?size@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QBEIXZ (public: unsigned int __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::size(void)const ) imported in function "public: __thiscall sf::priv::WindowImplWin32::WindowImplWin32(class sf::VideoMode,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &,unsigned long,struct sf::WindowSettings &)" (??0WindowImplWin32@priv@sf@@QAE@VVideoMode@2@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@KAAUWindowSettings@2@@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(Window.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall std::_Container_base_secure::_Orphan_all(void)const " (__imp_?_Orphan_all@_Container_base_secure@std@@QBEXXZ) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall std::deque<class sf::Event,class std::allocator<class sf::Event> >::push_back(class sf::Event const &)" (?push_back@?$deque@VEvent@sf@@V?$allocator@VEvent@sf@@@std@@@std@@QAEXABVEvent@sf@@@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(VideoMode.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall std::_Container_base_secure::_Orphan_all(void)const " (__imp_?_Orphan_all@_Container_base_secure@std@@QBEXXZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(VideoModeSupport.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall std::_Container_base_secure::_Orphan_all(void)const " (__imp_?_Orphan_all@_Container_base_secure@std@@QBEXXZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall std::_Container_base_secure::_Orphan_all(void)const " (__imp_?_Orphan_all@_Container_base_secure@std@@QBEXXZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(Window.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::_Container_base_secure::~_Container_base_secure(void)" (__imp_??1_Container_base_secure@std@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "protected: __thiscall std::_Container_base_aux_alloc_empty<class std::allocator<class sf::Event> >::~_Container_base_aux_alloc_empty<class std::allocator<class sf::Event> >(void)" (??1?$_Container_base_aux_alloc_empty@V?$allocator@VEvent@sf@@@std@@@std@@IAE@XZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(VideoMode.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::_Container_base_secure::~_Container_base_secure(void)" (__imp_??1_Container_base_secure@std@@QAE@XZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImpl.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::_Container_base_secure::~_Container_base_secure(void)" (__imp_??1_Container_base_secure@std@@QAE@XZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::_Container_base_secure::~_Container_base_secure(void)" (__imp_??1_Container_base_secure@std@@QAE@XZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (__imp_??0?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE@ABV01@@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(Window.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (__imp_??0?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE@ABV01@@Z) referenced in function "public: __thiscall std::logic_error::logic_error(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (??0logic_error@std@@QAE@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@1@@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(VideoMode.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (__imp_??0?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE@ABV01@@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImpl.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (__imp_??0?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE@ABV01@@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(VideoModeSupport.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (__imp_??0?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE@ABV01@@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: char const * __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::c_str(void)const " (__imp_?c_str@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QBEPBDXZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(Window.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: char const * __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::c_str(void)const " (__imp_?c_str@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QBEPBDXZ) referenced in function "public: virtual char const * __thiscall std::logic_error::what(void)const " (?what@logic_error@std@@UBEPBDXZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(VideoMode.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: char const * __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::c_str(void)const " (__imp_?c_str@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QBEPBDXZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImpl.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: char const * __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::c_str(void)const " (__imp_?c_str@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QBEPBDXZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(VideoModeSupport.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: char const * __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::c_str(void)const " (__imp_?c_str@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QBEPBDXZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(Window.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::_Container_base_secure::_Container_base_secure(void)" (__imp_??0_Container_base_secure@std@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "protected: __thiscall std::_Container_base_aux_alloc_empty<class std::allocator<class sf::Event> >::_Container_base_aux_alloc_empty<class std::allocator<class sf::Event> >(class std::allocator<class sf::Event>)" (??0?$_Container_base_aux_alloc_empty@V?$allocator@VEvent@sf@@@std@@@std@@IAE@V?$allocator@VEvent@sf@@@1@@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(VideoMode.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::_Container_base_secure::_Container_base_secure(void)" (__imp_??0_Container_base_secure@std@@QAE@XZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImpl.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::_Container_base_secure::_Container_base_secure(void)" (__imp_??0_Container_base_secure@std@@QAE@XZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::_Container_base_secure::_Container_base_secure(void)" (__imp_??0_Container_base_secure@std@@QAE@XZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(Window.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: int __thiscall std::ios_base::width(int)" (__imp_?width@ios_base@std@@QAEHH@Z) referenced in function "class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > & __cdecl std::operator<<<struct std::char_traits<char> >(class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > &,char const *)" (??$?6U?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@YAAAV?$basic_ostream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@0@AAV10@PBD@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: int __thiscall std::ios_base::width(int)" (__imp_?width@ios_base@std@@QAEHH@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(Window.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: int __thiscall std::basic_streambuf<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::sputn(char const *,int)" (__imp_?sputn@?$basic_streambuf@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@QAEHPBDH@Z) referenced in function "class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > & __cdecl std::operator<<<struct std::char_traits<char> >(class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > &,char const *)" (??$?6U?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@YAAAV?$basic_ostream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@0@AAV10@PBD@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: int __thiscall std::basic_streambuf<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::sputn(char const *,int)" (__imp_?sputn@?$basic_streambuf@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@QAEHPBDH@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(Window.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static bool __cdecl std::char_traits<char>::eq_int_type(int const &,int const &)" (__imp_?eq_int_type@?$char_traits@D@std@@SA_NABH0@Z) referenced in function "class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > & __cdecl std::operator<<<struct std::char_traits<char> >(class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > &,char const *)" (??$?6U?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@YAAAV?$basic_ostream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@0@AAV10@PBD@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static bool __cdecl std::char_traits<char>::eq_int_type(int const &,int const &)" (__imp_?eq_int_type@?$char_traits@D@std@@SA_NABH0@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(Window.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static int __cdecl std::char_traits<char>::eof(void)" (__imp_?eof@?$char_traits@D@std@@SAHXZ) referenced in function "class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > & __cdecl std::operator<<<struct std::char_traits<char> >(class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > &,char const *)" (??$?6U?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@YAAAV?$basic_ostream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@0@AAV10@PBD@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static int __cdecl std::char_traits<char>::eof(void)" (__imp_?eof@?$char_traits@D@std@@SAHXZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(Window.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: int __thiscall std::ios_base::width(void)const " (__imp_?width@ios_base@std@@QBEHXZ) referenced in function "class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > & __cdecl std::operator<<<struct std::char_traits<char> >(class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > &,char const *)" (??$?6U?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@YAAAV?$basic_ostream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@0@AAV10@PBD@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: int __thiscall std::ios_base::width(void)const " (__imp_?width@ios_base@std@@QBEHXZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(Window.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall std::basic_streambuf<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::_Lock(void)" (__imp_?_Lock@?$basic_streambuf@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@QAEXXZ) referenced in function "public: __thiscall std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::_Sentry_base::_Sentry_base(class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > &)" (??0_Sentry_base@?$basic_ostream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@QAE@AAV12@@Z)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall std::basic_streambuf<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::_Lock(void)" (__imp_?_Lock@?$basic_streambuf@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@QAEXXZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(Window.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall std::basic_streambuf<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::_Unlock(void)" (__imp_?_Unlock@?$basic_streambuf@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@QAEXXZ) referenced in function "public: __thiscall std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::_Sentry_base::~_Sentry_base(void)" (??1_Sentry_base@?$basic_ostream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@QAE@XZ)
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall std::basic_streambuf<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >::_Unlock(void)" (__imp_?_Unlock@?$basic_streambuf@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@QAEXXZ)
1>C:\Users\SEX\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\sfml\Debug\sfml.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 12 unresolved externals
1>
1>Build FAILED.
1>
1>Time Elapsed 00:00:00.27
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

are those missing filles? D:
I set my sfml with the help of this site: http://minalien.com/2011/06/sfml-zelda-2a/ are you sure you have done the same steps as this??
So I'm writing a tutorial on how to build a game using SFML 1.6 and the setup portion end up being a hell of a lot more involved then I ever would have expected!

Anyways, the tutorial isn't even close to finished and they havent really been published, but the two parts entailing configuring SFML are up in draft form and should be everything you need to know. Worst case scenario, there is a link to a project file you can simply download and start from if you have trouble following along.

As there are no links to the tutorial yet, you have to use direct page links. So here goes:

Page 1

Page 2

Don't click the "forward" link, you'll just get a 404 error, since page 3 isn't up yet. These two posts should cover everything you need to know.

Oh, and if you are running an ATI card, you might want to read this. There is a known bug in 1.6 between SFML, OpenGL and ATI drivers, which I personally ran into. The fix is easy, if a bit bewildering.

I am actively working on the next few parts as we speak, and hopefully it will be published this weekend.
Can I ask why your user name is 'SEX'

i don't see whats wrong with that but its because i was with my girlfriend when i reformatted and i told her to chose the name of my baby( aka my computer )

i didint wan't to bump this up but i wanted to say thanks to all the help i ended up following this tutorial (http://minalien.com/.../sfml-zelda-2a/) and setting it up to work, the only thing i can see is that in the tutorial in main.cpp he uses

int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE, HINSTANCE, LPSTR, int)
{

return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}

witch i am not familiar with i have always just used int main() and i dont really like using code i dont understant, but hey it compiles without the error im happy with it for the momment, im bringin this up because just using int main() gives me compiler errors.

p,s
currently looking at your site Serapth did not see it sorry, thanks for the help. any beginner sfml sites you guys know of? thanks again.

[quote name='lukeymoo' timestamp='1314380585' post='4854152']

i don't see whats wrong with that but its because i was with my girlfriend when i reformatted and i told her to chose the name of my baby( aka my computer )

i didint wan't to bump this up but i wanted to say thanks to all the help i ended up following this tutorial (http://minalien.com/.../sfml-zelda-2a/) and setting it up to work, the only thing i can see is that in the tutorial in main.cpp he uses

int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE, HINSTANCE, LPSTR, int)
{

return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}

witch i am not familiar with i have always just used int main() and i dont really like using code i dont understant, but hey it compiles without the error im happy with it for the momment, im bringin this up because just using int main() gives me compiler errors.

p,s
currently looking at your site Serapth did not see it sorry, thanks for the help. any beginner sfml sites you guys know of? thanks again.

[/quote]

To put it simply WinMain is just your normal int main() but for windows so your int main() will not work if you are creating a Win32 application. For SFML both console and Win32 application will work fine. The difference will be that it will first open up a console window and only then open your real window if you are using int main() while using int WINAPI WinMain() will result in direct opening of window... So feel free to use any of those smile.gif

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement