Can anyone guide me on AI for CPU playing tetris

Started by
0 comments, last by Dark Star 22 years, 7 months ago
Hi following the recent guide to programming Tetris on Hands on Interactive forum I have decided to make my own Tetris game in DirectX and I wanted to make the computer play against a human player but I have no idea how to make the computer play a game of tetris intelligently. Could anyone give me some pointers on how to make a computer play Tetris such as * Making it play skillfully * rotating blocks to fit in gaps and any other game play strategies that us humans have. If anyone knows any websites with useful information I would appreciate it deeply Thanks in advance Dark Star UK
---------------------------------------------You Only Live Once - Don't be afriad to take chances.
Advertisement
You should start with a way of RATING the current game. Based on how high the stack is, how many lines are "Open" ( peices still can fir into ) and "Closed" ( cannot fill without removing lines ). Then you can take the current and next peice and run through as many combinations as possible looking for the best score ( as above ). At that point it''s just a matter of moving the peice into the right spot, for that just use a simple path finding algo.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement