• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Combo box in win32 ???

This topic is 6065 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hmmm... Does anyone know how to manage one? I can''t seem to get it to work... I have only succeded in adding one item by typing for (i... SendMessage( hWnd, CB_ADDSTRING, 0, (long) text ); It says that it adds 16 entries which is what i want it to do but when i click on the dropdown arrow it only displays one entry! Why? What have i missed? Its a Type: Drop list and Owner draw: no ... Has anyone got a piece of code or something? I have searched the web without any luck. //Peter - Thanx!!

Advertisement
When I first used Win32 to manage Combo Boxes I spent hours looking at my code trying to find where I had gone wrong, and I couldn''t find the problem. Why? Because the code was fine, it was the Combo Box that wasn''t set up correctly.

My problem (Which sounds, oh so much like yours) was that I hadn''t adjusted the size of the drop down in the dialog editor. To do this click on the drop down button of the combo in the dialog editor and the resize border will change shape. This is now the size of the drop down box. Make this larger, so it can display more that one entry at a time and click the button again.

Hope this helps, if not, a little more of your code would be nice.

All the best

I remember when I clicked that damn drop button after an hour of searching out for the solution. But I did it accidentaly, when at least I was trying to kill with mouse pointer everything on the screen...

lol, you guys ought to start programming Delphi, object oriented langages are nice (this is meant as a joke, not a flame)

I use 10 seconds to complete set up a ComboBox, with text inside

-Torquai

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!