A BSP Converter

Started by
3 comments, last by Cameron 22 years, 6 months ago
Has anyone here found a 3DS to BSP converter that works properly? If so, please tell me about it. Thanks alot in advance.
Advertisement
The one I use works real well, it doesn''t convert textures over though, its simply the geometry. It converts the 3DS file into a MAP file that can be compiled into a BSP with your fav compiler.

I used to have a link for it. I guess if you are interested email me and I''ll reply with the converter as an attachment.

One warning, you can''t just convert any 3DS into a MAP. Some geomotry will not convert correctly. For the most part it works really well, it just takes some patience.

-Rich
quote:Original post by PsycoBlade
The one I use works real well, it doesn''t convert textures over though, its simply the geometry. It converts the 3DS file into a MAP file that can be compiled into a BSP with your fav compiler.

I used to have a link for it. I guess if you are interested email me and I''ll reply with the converter as an attachment.

One warning, you can''t just convert any 3DS into a MAP. Some geomotry will not convert correctly. For the most part it works really well, it just takes some patience.

-Rich

Hi,
I''ll e-mail you. Thank you very much

Do you by any chance know which shapes it does not convert properly? Is there like a specific shape e.g. convex curve, etc.?

Thanks again
The converter sounds great, but what compiler can we use that doesn''t cost a lot? (i.e., not q3radient)
Hi,

How well does it work? Do you think that someone with years of experience in 3D Studio Max and no experience at all in Q3Radiant is better off using Max and converting or using Q3Radiant?

How difficult do you think it is to convert and then fix the problems that occured during conversion?

Thanks alot

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement