• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AlekM

Direct Input Message Handling Library

This topic is 6233 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I''ve just created a messaging library using Direct Input 8. It currently only supports Keyboard and Mouse events, but can easily be adjusted for other input devices, ie joystick. If anyone would be interested in testing the library, questioning the library design, errors, mistakes or bugs, I would really appreciate it. Let me know and I can send you the source code as well as some instructions of initialize the class library. You can reach me at alekmitrevski@hotmail.com Other libraries that I have, if people are interested are: a.) A logging library that can turn on/off various logging levels...So far, there are 8 log levels allowed, 1.) DX_LOG_ERR 2.) DX_LOG_WARN 3.) DX_LOG_TRACE 4.) DX_LOG_BEGIN 5.) DX_LOG_END 6.) DX_LOG_PARAM 7.) DX_LOG_CONSTRUCTOR 8.) DX_LOG_DESTRUCTOR 9.) DX_LOG_ALL ( sets all of the above on ) It''s a single threaded logging class and may take away from performance of your app, but it''s a good debugging tool. b.) A Template Singleton implementation -- Making a class a singleton can be as easy as class CDXTestClass : public TSingleton I am willing to share anything that I have done, I figure that is the only way that I can advance myself is with feedback from my peers. Thanks Alek

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!