• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forcas

Some questions about D3D8

This topic is 6260 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

In D3D8, is there a way to do color blits? I want to be able to blit a color with an alpha channel over my screen, so that I can do fade effects. -Forcas
"Elvis is alive. He is Barney the purple dinosaur. He is the pied piper that leads our children into the wages of sin and eternal damnation."

Advertisement
IDirect3DDevice8::Clear
can clear the render target...

I think there''s no blitting functions for surfaces though...
But it''s just simple enough to lock and fill the whole surface with the color value

I'll try what Crazed has said. Using Clear won't work, because it deletes evrything behind it, doesn't? And wouldn't a lock-and-fill be kinda slow?

-Forcas

"Elvis is alive. He is Barney the purple dinosaur. He is the pied piper that leads our children into the wages of sin and eternal damnation."

Edited by - Forcas on September 23, 2001 5:42:23 PM

clear and copy rect wouldnt work because you wouldnt get the alpha effect that you want with that.
I think what crazed genius should work, but I think it would be even easier to use gamma controls to fade out, check out the dx help file on that.

ByteMe95::~ByteMe95()
Cerebrum Software

Alright.... I''ve got Gamma Controls working, but when I mess around with the GammaRamp, everything drawn with my D3DXSprite turns black, except for the part that already is black.... which is transparent(like it''s supposed to be)

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!