Lesson 13 CRASHES in fullscreen

Started by
5 comments, last by basti206 22 years, 7 months ago
There must be an error in the lesson 13 code concerning bitmap fonts. Starting the program in window mode works fine but it crashes when switching to fullscreen mode or starting in fullscreen. Does somebody noticed the same problem? Perhaps it''s all about my graphic board (voodoo3). Could someone please look through the lesson code, try starting it in fullscreen and tell whether he gets a crash, too, or not! Perhaps one cannot use the windows fonts in fullscreen mode?!
Advertisement
I was just about to ask the same question! I have also Voodoo3 and it crashes. If I hold ESCAPE down about twenty seconds then it exits, but it doesnt draw anything.
edit:
Couldn't get it work. It's the glCallLists call that takes too long time and caused also other problems (my terrain was rendered every second frame wrong???).

I decided to use the wglUseFontOutlines. I can do a lot more with it. There's also article about it on MSDN:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnopen/html/msdn_gl8.asp?frame=true

Edited by - stefu on September 23, 2001 11:02:43 AM
I ALSO have a Voodoo 3, and Fullscreen crashes every time. So i just don''t use it any more.

- + -
Sploof
- + - Sploof
OMG! I had a voodoo 3 3000 agp and 13 did the same to me, i mentioned it in a post earlier so i''m not lying...you can check. What is it about Voodoo 3 cards and tut 13??
could this be related to my "wierd bug in skelatal architecture" thread?
http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=60796
theres a temp fix in there that got starting in fullscreen working for me...

Edited by - mSparks on September 24, 2001 8:17:06 PM
I have a Vodoo three and I hate it so much, when the WTC fell down I was wishing the makers of Vodoo worked in that building. It doesn''t support evironment mapping on my computer, and when it is in full screen mode, it blinks and minimizes constantly. I am working on getting a new video card, I suggest you guys do the same...
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
Same problem with same tutorial with same voodoo 3. There's a comparison of various graphics cards capabilities here. I sympathise with Drizzt DoUrden - but Voodoo were assimilated by NVidia a while ago.

Thanks for the tip mSparks.

Edited by - Ken Fitlike on September 25, 2001 6:26:24 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement