• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Waaayoff

Anyone knows how to get Blender to export tangents/bitangents to fbx?

This topic is 2443 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm writing a Collada converter but since Blender's collada exporter sucks, i'm exporting to fbx and then using the fbx converter to convert to Collada.. which is a complete pain in the ass.

Anyway, how do i export tangents/bitangents from blender?

Advertisement
What version of Blender are you using? You should be able to export directly to whatever format you want using Blender's python API. The api for version 2.49 (ect) is different than 2.50 though...

What version of Blender are you using? You should be able to export directly to whatever format you want using Blender's python API. The api for version 2.49 (ect) is different than 2.50 though...

I'd rather not write an exporter. They have to be maintained and updated whenever Blender's API gets an upgrade. Plus i want to support other 3D Modellers. I guess i'll just have to manually generate the tangents/bitangents in the converter.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!