Anyone knows how to get Blender to export tangents/bitangents to fbx?

Started by
1 comment, last by Waaayoff 12 years, 7 months ago
I'm writing a Collada converter but since Blender's collada exporter sucks, i'm exporting to fbx and then using the fbx converter to convert to Collada.. which is a complete pain in the ass.

Anyway, how do i export tangents/bitangents from blender?
"Spending your life waiting for the messiah to come save the world is like waiting around for the straight piece to come in Tetris...even if it comes, by that time you've accumulated a mountain of shit so high that you're fucked no matter what you do. "
Advertisement
What version of Blender are you using? You should be able to export directly to whatever format you want using Blender's python API. The api for version 2.49 (ect) is different than 2.50 though...

What version of Blender are you using? You should be able to export directly to whatever format you want using Blender's python API. The api for version 2.49 (ect) is different than 2.50 though...

I'd rather not write an exporter. They have to be maintained and updated whenever Blender's API gets an upgrade. Plus i want to support other 3D Modellers. I guess i'll just have to manually generate the tangents/bitangents in the converter.
"Spending your life waiting for the messiah to come save the world is like waiting around for the straight piece to come in Tetris...even if it comes, by that time you've accumulated a mountain of shit so high that you're fucked no matter what you do. "

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement