• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Solarcat

RTS Games Identification

This topic is 2534 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

What are some RTS games such as "Blight of the Immortal" that have the following game play criteria

Slow Real Time Strategy - Blight is RTS, but due to the timer resets for the individual elements, and the travel times, you are only able to make moves approximately every 24 hours or so.
More than 2 Multi-player - Am in a Blight game now with eight other folks
l

Infinity Empires had (has) similar mechanics
Lord of Ultima I guess would fall into the same category.

Looking for RTS games that you play with other folks that is persistant?? and only have to play once every 24 hours.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
I'm tempted to coin it 'half-time strategy' myself ... but if I'm thinking about the same kind of game its just turn-based with time restrictions.

Perhaps 'Free-Time strategy' as in you do your moves in your free time. I have no idea if there is an official term for it.

Tribalwars is the most obvious example. I'd recommend Stronghold kingdoms if not for the horrible balance, and pay to win system.
These are persistent world mmorts games, but there really aren't any good such game. I had hopes for stronghold kingdoms. Atleast I don't know of any good game.
(tribalwars is still dominated by who farms most though, or astleast it was)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!