• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bump Lens

Game tutorial

This topic is 6261 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello (this be my first post dudes), I''m just taking a peek at the shiningKnight game tuts - but a little problem came about with me ol'' Linker (MS 6.0): --------------------Configuration: Shining3D - Win32 Debug-------------------- Linking... LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main Debug/Shining3D.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. Shining3D.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s) can anybody help me out with this? Cheers

Advertisement
I''m not sure if this will solve your problem, but it has happened to me too. When you create a new Win32 Application, you have to go to File -> New choose the Projects tab, and choose Win32 Application. Sometimes, if you just do File -> New and choose New C++ File, the compiler might assume you are making a DOS app.

P.S. I don''t think that will solve your problem, but it''s worth a try.

MSVC++ 6.0 can''t compile DOS apps. You probably mean a console app. Otherwise the advice is probably a good one.

Check the sources, if they contain a ''WinMain'' function (the entry point) somewhere, then you should build it as a Win32 Windowed App. The linker is currently assuming that you are building a Win32 Console App (which has ''main'' as the entry point).

HAHA, sorry guys just laughing at myself - I was letting the compiler choose a default workspace (It''s my fault for expecting MS to do anything bloody well).

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!