• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

OpenGL Drawing Text

This topic is 2354 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey everyone,

I have a program that I am writing in OpenGL and am attempting to add "buttons", but I don't want to use the Windows controls for simplicity.

I want to use the GDI to render 2D text using functions like DrawTextEx(), TextOut(), etc. I can do this fine using HDC's and HBITMAP's, but how do i capture the contents of the HDC and then carry the bitmap over to the OpenGL side of things for texture mapping?

Is there a wgl function for this?

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks

Advertisement

Hey everyone,

I have a program that I am writing in OpenGL and am attempting to add "buttons", but I don't want to use the Windows controls for simplicity.

I want to use the GDI to render 2D text using functions like DrawTextEx(), TextOut(), etc. I can do this fine using HDC's and HBITMAP's, but how do i capture the contents of the HDC and then carry the bitmap over to the OpenGL side of things for texture mapping?

Is there a wgl function for this?

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks

Try Freetype 2. If you want I can give you some code where I experimented using it.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement