"Frontiers" - sci fi action rpg

Started by
11 comments, last by Branmatt 12 years, 5 months ago
Alright. One year anniversary working on the game is approaching. I've reached the stage where I'm actually taking a step backwards:

After learning a lot about unity, about coding in general and trying out different things (some I liked, some I don't) I'll actually be spending the next weeks back on the drawing board and re-evaluate some of my concepts. Then I'll flesh out this "idea" into a solid, handleable and clear direction and then I'll push forward to develop it to that point.

So there won't be much updates on the game for the next few weeks. At least nothing that's showable in pictures.
Advertisement
And another post after a bit of silence. :)

[media]
[/media]

I'm changing the combat system from "Arcade Shooter" to "Tactical Shooter".
For that I'm experiementing with new techniques. Currently, the system works similar to a roundbased and skill/itemdependent AP system, but it's in real time and instead of AP's all your actions take a certain amount of time to perform. A quickshot (LMB) is fast but less accurate then an aimed shot (RMB). Some weapons will offer special abilities like forcing an enemy into cover, stunning him for a couple of seconds etc.
Also, it's now possible to give context sensitive orders to your team members like (attack, heal, build defensive turrents) etc.
Feels much better then it did before! Lots of things to add yet still.
I must say, this game does look amazing! To be honest, I only saw very, very, very minor mistakes- but for a one man team, I might as well look over them (I couldn't do near what you have done so far). The game looks great, and I can't wait for the day that I may be able to try it out!

Keep up the amazing work!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement