• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
abominable

Create a cloud Image from particles.

This topic is 2622 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi to all.

I am a newbie to graphics programming and I really need some expert help. I am working under opengl. I wanted to create a 2D cloud simulator. So I used a Perlin noise function to create an initial cloud image. For every pixel there was color I created a particle with the equivalent indexes. I also created a fluid Simulator for solving the necessary equations and calculating the new positions of my cloud particles. The result is the following Image ::

http://dl.dropbox.co.../particles2.eps

As you can see there are holes between the particles. So I used render-to-texture and blurred the initial image. But I don't really like the result, and I was wondering if there is any other method I could use.

Thanx in advance for any reply.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!