Exporting an animated FBX to XNA?

Started by
2 comments, last by jischneider 12 years, 7 months ago
Hey. I'm now working on an XNA 3D game, and I want to add animated models in it. I came across this example. I see there is one FBX file and a few texture files in the content project, and that in the code you can choose which "take" to play. In this code it is "Take_001". Please tell me: When I create and animate my own 3D model in 3DS Max (2012, since I was told it's only possible in this version), how can I define those takes? plus, are any configurations need to be made when exporting FBX from 3DS Max to XNA?

Thank you.
Advertisement

Hey. I'm now working on an XNA 3D game, and I want to add animated models in it. I came across this example. I see there is one FBX file and a few texture files in the content project, and that in the code you can choose which "take" to play. In this code it is "Take_001". Please tell me: When I create and animate my own 3D model in 3DS Max (2012, since I was told it's only possible in this version), how can I define those takes? plus, are any configurations need to be made when exporting FBX from 3DS Max to XNA?

Thank you.

Hi!!

There are more animation examples in that page, each one add different functionally.

I don’t work with 3DS, but these names should be the animation’s names that you use in 3DS. Also, you can read the animation's names of your model in XNA, there should be in the model’s Tag property.

Bye!

[size=1]Project page: [size=1]<

[size=1] XNA FINAL Engine[size=1] [size=1]>

[quote name='ItMan' timestamp='1315894602' post='4860972']

Thank you.

Hi!!

There are more animation examples in that page, each one add different functionally.

I don’t work with 3DS, but these names should be the animation’s names that you use in 3DS. Also, you can read the animation's names of your model in XNA, there should be in the model’s Tag property.

Bye!
[/quote]

I don't see any other animation examples in that page O:

[quote name='jischneider' timestamp='1316119669' post='4862208']
[quote name='ItMan' timestamp='1315894602' post='4860972']

Thank you.

Hi!!

Bye!
[/quote]

I don't see any other animation examples in that page O:
[/quote]

Extensions: http://create.msdn.com/en-US/education/catalog/tutorial/skinned_model_extensions

In one of the avatar's tutorials I think there is animation blending: http://create.msdn.com/en-US/education/catalog/sample/custom_avatar_animation or http://create.msdn.com/en-US/education/catalog/utility/avatar_animation_rig

More information: http://www.nelxon.com/681/xdsk2/

[size=1]Project page: [size=1]<

[size=1] XNA FINAL Engine[size=1] [size=1]>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement