• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Cornelius'kaycee'Jideofor

DX11 Triangle not rendering

This topic is 2650 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all
I am a student of Train2game and I have been working so hard lately to learn c++ game development. Due to the fact that I DX9 and DX10 are slightly deprecated, I decided to dive into DX11.
Good enough for me, It's been going really well for me going with the fact that I initially had no C++ knowledge. DirectXtutorial.com has been very helpful for me and it really pushed me to the level i am right now.

I have a simple programme running D3D11 on the background and rendering a green background, but I have a problem rendering a simple triangle to it.
I have done everything I can to solve this issue but still no output, I even went as far as copying and pasting the code from directxtutorial.com but it raised an exception which I couldn't understand.

I only need to see the triangle display before I start manipulating it do render a rectangle and circle but it just wouldn't render. angry.gif

I have attached the .cpp file and .hlsl file together as text documents, all you need to do is copy out the code and try it out.

Thanks in Advance!!! biggrin.gif

Advertisement
Start with Tutorial 07 in the DirectX SDK. Modify towards your goal until you get stuck with an error and use a backup of the last working project.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!