What has been deprecated?

Started by
2 comments, last by bgoldbeck 12 years, 7 months ago
Hi,

Is there a list somewhere of everything that has been removed from the new versions of OpenGL because I am confused as to what I can use if I'm trying to just use new functionality. Or is there a way of making an error appear if I am using deprecated functionality?

Have all the glEnable(GLenum) / glDisable(GLenum) been deprecated? Because some tutorials I see still use certain ones?

Cheers

x

"To know the road ahead, ask those coming back."

Advertisement
See the OpenGL FAQ for a link to the extension registry. There, in the menu on the right side, you find a quick reference card of all functions and whether they are deprecated or not in the core profile model.

But that reference card only concerns functions that are either fully deprecated or not. Some parameters to functions are deprecated, and you pretty much have top figure that out by looking at the API specifications. You find them at the extension registry as well.
Thank you for the reply Brother Bob,

I have been looking through the reference pages to ensure the functions I am using are still valid and that I am using them correctly. I can't believe I have never had a good look through this before.
[color="#1c2837"]

[color="#1c2837"]Cheers
[color="#1c2837"]

[color="#1c2837"]x

"To know the road ahead, ask those coming back."

Here is a list for GLSL Functions http://developer.app...679/_index.html
[size="2"]More sprinkles!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement