• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Strechin the screen

This topic is 2441 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Me and a friend where making a game using direct x 9 and the windows Sdk in c++, when we finally got it running we realized all the sprites he had made where kinda small, and the window was kinda big, so we shrunk the window a bit, but now we also need to stretch out the sprites, is that a thing that's possible? Can we make the sprites bigger through programming something in, or does he have to stretch em all out in paint?

Advertisement
It is best if you stretch your sprite images in an image editing program like Gimp or photoshop. You could do it programatically but then you'd be eating up CPU cycles for something that could be avoided.

if you are running in full screen then yes, if you are running in a window, then the only thing that will happen is your window will get smaller, but overall everything on the screen will still be the same size.

Alright, thankyou very much for your help. We where wandering, cause we knew going into full screen made everything bigger, and where trying to figure out if it where possible to do that without going fullscreen, but I guess that's just inconvenient.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!