• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Volgut

D3DX version number

This topic is 2444 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello,

I am working for one client on a DirectX 9 based visualization software. The client has a set of computers with very strict rules which make it impossible to install the latest DirectX redistributable files. Is there is a way to find out which version of redistributable D3DX files has has installed? I asked him to look for d3dx9_xx.dll in system32. I got a reply that he couldn't find any files with that name. He is running Windows Vista with SP1. I also found out that the version of DirectX he uses is 6.00.6001.18000

Regards,
Tomasz

Advertisement
The D3DX DLL's get installed to system32 or SysWoW64, so if they're not there then they were never installed. Windows never comes with D3DX libraries preinstalled, so it's not an unlikely possibility.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!