• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jor1980

How to know thetriangle types of a mesh with pix

This topic is 2623 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi i want to know the type of triangles(trianglelist, strip,....) of a mesh in a game but after watch some tutorials i didn´t achieve it. Someone could recommend me a tutorial or a way to do it?

Advertisement
When you run an experiment in PIX, say for example you get a single frame capture with F12...

After closing the program/game, you'll see all the DirectX calls that were made in that frame. Go through them and find a DrawPrimitive() or DrawIndexedPrimitive() call and it should say whether it is drawing lists, strips, etc.

the problem is that whe i choose the mode to capture a single frame when i close the game pix says me that there were an error.

You can see it in the screenshot[attachment=5433:Captura.PNG]

i have noticed that if i capture more tha one frame it works, in only has errors in the last captured fram, but i doesn´t matter.

Now i want to know the indices that build one single face, i am in details window but i don´t know i can know that

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!