selling casual game

Started by
4 comments, last by AllanRowntree 12 years, 7 months ago
hello,

i am new in game development. I am making a small hidden object/puzzle/adventure game. And it will be ready soon.

I am looking for some solution how to sell it. I dont expect making big money :) but I want to try to sell it. Big publishers of casual games are not the solution for me, because my game have not requirements needed. (for example gameplay is about 1 hour and it is too short).

have someone some tips for me where to start? Is there for example portal which accepts every game or just some portal good for beginners?

thanks
Advertisement
Moving to the Business forum.
xt, this might or might not offer some useful ideas for your question.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

You know... one idea is to create a game across a different platforms. Linux is picking up quickly and we're always looking for talented games developers.

Read through our developer registration and feel free to ask questions.
LinuxGameConsortium: my game is windows only now :-/
Tom Sloper: I have already read this and this is very good, but these links (portals) are not exactly for me. games there need to have very specific requirements. As I said my main problem is short gameplay (only about hour). So it is not possible to get my game on steam, realarcade etc...

I managed to find this: http://www.desura.com/ .It seems they can accept any game and user can even alter price.

If you know about some more similar or just some game portals good for beginners, just let me know, please

1. LinuxGameConsortium: my game is windows only now :-/
2. Tom Sloper: I managed to find this: desura.com

1. You're not telling him anything he doesn't already know. He was suggesting that if you also port your game to more platforms, you might find more outlets.
2. OK, I added desura to my FAQ.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Well you can setup a website and an account with a payment provider (plimus, bmtmicro ect) and have anyone buy your game, then you have to advertise and market the game so people find out about it, try and get it reviewed or featured in blogs.

But don't expect many sales, without getting it onto a larger portal, you could try taking it mobile, ios and/or android and self publish.

Desura might not be a great option as they are more of a hardcore games portal, see if you can find something more casual and open or that have a causal open games database you can add your game to, e.g. TIGsource!

http://arowx.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement