• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
NDIR

OpenGL OpenGL in Windows service

This topic is 2638 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok, here's the story:

I have a web application which uses LWJGL (opengl for java) to create images which i then stream to some remote client. This web-app runs on jetty web container. All is well if i run jetty as standalone application (using startup bat). Images get generated, everybody's happy. But then i decided it would be nice if i could run jetty as an automatic-startup windows service. So i installed the jetty-service and then run it, just to find out that now i can not generate images anymore. This is due to the fact that services fall into 'session 0' and they are not allowed to use display devices...

So the question is; how can i generate images using OpenGL if i'm running this app under windows service?

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!