• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
lfalin

[SlimDX] Is there a 4.0 Runtime MSI?

This topic is 2642 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm trying to bundle the SlimDX .NET 4.0 Runtime in my installer, but I need an MSI package so I can use the /quiet parameter. Is there an MSI package available for the 4.0 runtime? Alternatively is there a command line switch for the 4.0 Runtime installer that allows quiet installation?

Thanks.

Advertisement
Unfortunately there's no MSI for the 4.0 runtime, because MS changed the way the VC runtimes work and disallowed embedding both the x86 and x64 versions into the same installer. For the upcoming release we'll probably just provide separate MSIs for x86 and x64, but until then it should be easy enough to just do the few simple steps in your own installer:

1. Make sure DirectX is installed

2. Make sure the VC10 runtimes are installed

3. Copy the appropriate SlimDX DLL wherever you may need it

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!