• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

qingrui

Should I migrate to DX8? :(

This topic is 6171 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve already have my code based on OpenGL. But when my program runs on some other machines, it runs poorly. Finally I found that there''re no ICD drivers on there machines. I found that many common people aren''t going to install the video card vendor''s driver when Windows has successfully recognized the card without installing a ICD driver. I also found that on many video card, the DX drivers support more functions as well as better quality. I care about the quality very much! What should I do? I''m quite nervous. Give me some advice please.

Advertisement
If you plan on using ogl professionally, simply do what game developers tend to do. Include glsetup large in your package. It''s royalty free and you can install the drivers when you install your game.

Alex Broadwin
A-Tronic Software & Design
-----
"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me."
"The answer is out there."
"Please help, I''m using Windows!"

Perhaps you should try out direct x for yourself to see if it suits your needs. Its best not to stick to the one api, better try them all at least once to work out the pros and cons to using each one. Then choose the one you think would do the job the best.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!