• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
marvel_magnum

Assistance with Unreal Engine 3

This topic is 2517 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi All,

I have previously worked on game using Infernal Engine. I have recently got my hands on the Unreal Engine 3. The thing is so huge (including its documentation). I have been going through the documentation article-by-article but there is still LOT left and I still don't feel any more comfortable with the engine than when I started.

Would any of you be able to guide me as to what would be the proper way to start learning the engine ?

Advertisement
Well I think I figured it out myself. Got some nice Eat3D Tutorials and downloaded a started kit for the engine. Learning as it comes. So far so good. Thanks for viewing! :cool:

The videos from 3DBuzz are one of the best sources to learn about UDK Editor.

About UnrealScript i suggest you that try to do a project with a couple of people, and learn things when you need, step by step. First creating a custom Actor class, then adding a mesh and move it, then a skeletal mesh with an animtree. A custom trigger volume, some object that interacts with a trigger, etc. etc.. this is the way i learned the UDK Framework (the unrealscript classes you extend to create your game), programming by need, and i can say that i'm really skilled with UDK.

The 3DBuzz videos on this page are incredibly useful:

http://udn.epicgames...oTutorials.html

Wonderful resource. Thanks.

The videos from 3DBuzz are one of the best sources to learn about UDK Editor.

About UnrealScript i suggest you that try to do a project with a couple of people, and learn things when you need, step by step. First creating a custom Actor class, then adding a mesh and move it, then a skeletal mesh with an animtree. A custom trigger volume, some object that interacts with a trigger, etc. etc.. this is the way i learned the UDK Framework (the unrealscript classes you extend to create your game), programming by need, and i can say that i'm really skilled with UDK.

Just what I am doing. Its a good advice I must agree. :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!