Organizations to seek out?

Started by
1 comment, last by bschmidt1962 12 years, 6 months ago
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could recommend someorganizations that would be a good starting point for networking with peopleinvolved in game development but particularly the audio/music side of things.I’m looking primarily for local opportunities, although anything works as astarting point. I’m based in Oregon, by the way, so Portland is great ifpossible

Advertisement

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could recommend someorganizations that would be a good starting point for networking with peopleinvolved in game development but particularly the audio/music side of things.I’m looking primarily for local opportunities, although anything works as astarting point. I’m based in Oregon, by the way, so Portland is great ifpossible

Look up GANG - which is a community of audio pros and amateurs alike. It costs money but I believe for someone just starting out - it's pretty reasonably priced. Tons of great discussion and info there plus you'll get a chance to network with some really fine audio folks. Other than that, more generic networking sites like LinkedIn and others also work well.

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

There's also the Interactive Audio Special Interest Group (ia-sig), which is affiliated with the MMA. www.iasig.org
Best way to network is to go to events these various groups put on. And while there, don't be a wall flower (but don't be obnoxious, either).

Brian Schmidt

Executive Director, GameSoundCon:

GameSoundCon 2016:September 27-28, Los Angeles, CA

Founder, Brian Schmidt Studios, LLC

Music Composition & Sound Design

Audio Technology Consultant

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement