So who is still around these days?

Started by
85 comments, last by Smeagol 12 years, 5 months ago
evo is basically MIA. I talk to him on facebook every once in a blue moon, but he doesn't have much to do with gamedevs stuff lately. I changed my name from VertexNormal. All this name-changing that has been going on makes it tough to keep track of the old-timers. You going to start doing the comic again, boolean? Or are we going to have to heat up the irons and sharpen the knives?
Advertisement
A wild zombie boolean appears!

I think the community has drifted slowly apart over the years; people have grown. The site change and the cancellation of gdnet V5 was a shock which sort of blew some people away.

Except me. I'm still mentally a teenager even though I'm now a fat old man and I find changes to the appearance of the site largely irrelevant.

also

DEMAND NEW COMIC!
Don't thank me, thank the moon's gravitation pull! Post in My Journal and help me to not procrastinate!
I'm still here. Maniac Wolf back in 1998(?)

I SPUN BOOLEAN! DIVE DIVE DIVE! rolleyes.gif
*raises a glass of champagne*
So apart from being mostly dead for a few years, what has kept you from the site?
Still in Toronto?

I don't post as much as 1) work is keeping me busy and 2) when I see a thread and want to reply and am at the bottom of the page and it says I can't reply I usually just get too lazy to scroll back up to login and just don't reply now
Oh look, a boolean !

Welcome back :P

*raises a glass of champagne*

Beer, dude. Beer.
I guess I count as an old-timer (since Feb 2000). I think the last thing I did on here meaningfully about games was winning one of the 3-hour game dev competitions several years back. I still lurk around here pretty frequently though, and once everything in my life settles down, if that happens before death, I will probably come back to games :-)
Shit, man... welcome back.

[edit] I've been around a lot longer than my join date would indicate. I had created a new profile when the the accounts were compromised in 2007, and later had a moderator merge the accounts -- I got all my posting history preserved, but not my join date or reputation :)

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

Floorcaek[/quote]

I just have to ask. What (or should that be who?) is a Floorcaek? I've seen it before but that was several years ago and I never cared about what it was... kind of regret that now, feels like I'm missing out on some of nerd culture :/
Exitus Acta Probat

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement