So who is still around these days?

Started by
85 comments, last by Smeagol 12 years, 5 months ago

Floorcaek

I just have to ask. What (or should that be who?) is a Floorcaek? I've seen it before but that was several years ago and I never cared about what it was... kind of regret that now, feels like I'm missing out on some of nerd culture :/
[/quote]
Ummm... It's a floorcaek... We had this thread awhile back. And this one. And more. Basically its a GameDev.net meme. Why I'm explaining this, I don't know. All you need to know is boolean is back. Pray he doesn't leave again.
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
Advertisement
There's not much to it. 3.14... is Pi, which is sounds like pie, which could be replaced by cake. floor is a math operation, so 3 = floor(3.14) = floor(Pi) ~ floor(Pie) ~ floor(Cake) ~ floorcake ~ floorcaek (the last two letters in cake are swapped for fun).
Hey I remember you! Welcome back dude! ThoorVyk Is another guy that was very active but I have't seen a post from him during tha last 2 yaers or so.
Ooo it's boolean. Welcome back!

How did your dream of becoming comedy writer superstar goes?

Floorcaek
[/quote]

There's also floorbread, not to be confused with LessBread.

There's not much to it. 3.14... is Pi, which is sounds like pie, which could be replaced by cake. floor is a math operation, so 3 = floor(3.14) = floor(Pi) ~ floor(Pie) ~ floor(Cake) ~ floorcake ~ floorcaek (the last two letters in cake are swapped for fun).

Cake >= Pie >= Broccoli.
We never interacted, but I've been around on and off since 2001 (not with this account though) and I remember you. I enjoyed your comics. Welcome back.
It's boolean!
Well now, here's someone we haven't seen in a while indeed. Welcome back.

Is Dave still around?

He stops by randomly. Not often. He still works behind the scenes tho. As does KHawk

Evolutional changed his account name to "Downgraded" quite a while back....

He changed it back

evo is basically MIA. I talk to him on facebook every once in a blue moon, but he doesn't have much to do with gamedevs stuff lately.

There's been this weird bug that hasn't allowed him to post anything even when he signs in. Mike hasn't been able to figure out why :/

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Hey, long time no see! I'm not on nearly as often as I used to be, but I still like to pop on and browse a bit.

It is crazy when I think how long some of us have been on here. I joined these forums 9 years ago! Since then I've gotten my degree, gotten married, had two kids, and spent over 4 years working in the game industry :/

Your comic is practically part of the 'legends of old'!

What is up in the world of Boolean?
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter

So apart from being mostly dead for a few years, what has kept you from the site?

Once I started uni I was finding I had less and less time for anything, including forum shenanigans. When I started working towards moving overseas I had even less time again, and then once I actually got overseas (apart from my brief stop in on Gdnet before I head to Toronto) I was even more busy. It was also around then I kinda stopped programming for a while. Now that I'm back doing development by day and working on a few of my own projects, it seemed as good a time as any to return to Gdnet :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement