• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Ecoste

[JAVA] How to compile to exe?

This topic is 2632 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, i've made a little game in java, it's pretty basic but I wanna know how to compile it to an exe, I've googled it and found out it's possible, but there are no tutorials on how to do it.
The game includes 2 classes and a crapton of import's. So could anyone link me to a tutorial on how to do it, it would be very much appriciated.

Thank you.

Advertisement
I don't know if you can compile to an exe file, but you can make a wrapper http://launch4j.sourceforge.net/ there are a few more, but this one should be quite good :) Your application is still a java application, but it's hidden inside an exe file. If you manage to find some tool, that'll actually compile your java code to machine code, DON'T! It'll only cause you trouble with compatibility..

you can export to a runnable jar (essentially an exe). Easiest way to do so is to use an IDE that supports the operation (like eclipse). Alternatively google arround to see how to make a runnable jar.

I have no idea if it's any good, but some Googling turned up this: http://www.mono-project.com/Java (see the bottom of the page)

EDIT: Although it seems to use the same underlying GNU Classpath library, which has also not seen any update since 2009. Hmm.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!