• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Florian22222

Survival Shooter. But what are we fighting against?

This topic is 2635 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey all!
In school we have to develop any software we want. We decided to program a 2d survival shooter.
In different Levels there are spawning monster on "spawn points" and you can get upgrades by finding them(randomly appearing on map).
But the zombie-apocalypse theme is overused so much and we want to take a new theme. Any ideas?

Advertisement

Hey all!
In school we have to develop any software we want. We decided to program a 2d survival shooter.
In different Levels there are spawning monster on "spawn points" and you can get upgrades by finding them(randomly appearing on map).
But the zombie-apocalypse theme is overused so much and we want to take a new theme. Any ideas?

Steroid abusing beach jockeys. Yes, Life Guards on Roids. I would be scared if the Hoff traded his booze for roids.

Not suitable for your levels?

How about some racist aliens? They aren't here because they want your water, your land, or your women. They are here to obliterate your race, because well, they don't like humans.

sry i dont understand the first sentence, because english is not my native language. even with google translater i couldnt find out what you are saying xD

the first idea is nice but aliens are overused too...

sry i dont understand the first sentence, because english is not my native language. even with google translater i couldnt find out what you are saying xD

the first idea is nice but aliens are overused too...

The first was an excessive suggestion towards; Life guards, those that keep beaches safe, are on steroids and are out of control.

You could have it take place on beaches and boardwalks. Big sun umbrellas, life guard huts, sand castles. Big angry steroid abusing life guards! Men and women. They did it in an effort to keep the beach safe from increasing dangers, but it has spun out of control and it is up to you to bring peace back to the beach.

Aliens may be overused, but racist aliens? I don't know.

You could be fighting large bears/cats, but I don't like to shoot wild animals.

For this type of game, you could use just about any plausible backstory. For example, you could say that portals to hell have cropped up across the neighborhood unleashing a horde of demons that are possessing inanimate objects like teddy bears and wreaking havoc. Your goal would be to shut down the portals to hell to stop the demons from coming through.

Or maybe that some shady government agency has planted transmitters around a certain area which are causing inanimate objects to come to life. Your goal is to shut them down.

I'd suggest getting together with the rest of your team and just throwing some ideas out there. Have a good brainstorming session and see what you come up with.

For this type of game, you could use just about any plausible backstory. For example, you could say that portals to hell have cropped up across the neighborhood unleashing a horde of demons that are possessing inanimate objects like teddy bears and wreaking havoc. Your goal would be to shut down the portals to hell to stop the demons from coming through.

Or maybe that some shady government agency has planted transmitters around a certain area which are causing inanimate objects to come to life. Your goal is to shut them down.

I'd suggest getting together with the rest of your team and just throwing some ideas out there. Have a good brainstorming session and see what you come up with.

that´s a good story. we had a brainstorming session a week ago and our idea was that rabbits, which escaped from a lab, mutated to monster rabbits with red eyes and want to kill the humanity. So you are the choosen one who can stop the apocalypse. In the end you find a super weapon that transforms all mutated rabbits to non-mutated rabbits. happy end^^

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!