• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
AutoBot

No output when running C++ applications via Eclipse CDT IDE

This topic is 2637 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

[font="Verdana, Geneva, Lucida,"]Eclipse can build my applications for me so far, and I can execute them directly (via Windows 7 Explorer), but I get no results when I use the run command via the CDT perspective. The console tab only tells me that the application terminated, even with a console app with input (cin >> and so forth). Win32 apps don't execute either. Once again I can execute them directly via the debug folder, so this must be an IDE issue. Is this normal? Or are there settings I could change to make it work?[/font]
[font="Verdana, Geneva, Lucida,"]
[/font]
[font="Verdana, Geneva, Lucida,"]Thanks for any advice! And please post if you are having the same issue![/font]

Advertisement
Found the solution. It was because the workspace was under "Program Files", which has a space in it, and I believe MinGW rejects spaces for some reason.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!