Jump to content
Site Stability Read more... ×
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Word for polygon with holes

This topic is 2947 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Is there a word for a simple polygon with simple polygonal holes in it? eg: http://www.google.co...vh=148&hovw=312

I know there's a word for an annulus (http://en.wikipedia....8mathematics%29), for instance.

It just seems to come up enough in computational geometry that I'd be surprised if there wasn't a word for it, or at least a more compact way of saying it than "simple polygon with simple polygonal holes" or even "simple polygon with holes".

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!