• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

_Titan_

Lesson 33 again!

This topic is 6261 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

In Lesson 33, the update function will call this line of code roll-=milliseconds*0.00005f; // Roll The Clouds now, i have the same code in my mina_loop function, which basically is th eupdate function, but with different code. I have texRoll-=milliseconds*0.00005f; in lesson 33, the roll var will update everytime but in mine it will update a few times then quit, then maybe once or twice if i move my mouse and get a tool tip. Any reason why? I have a feeling it could be my winmain function, its not the same as in lesson 33. Let me know if it is o not or just smack me for not seeing a typo again lol!

Advertisement
I''m not sure what you mean, but I will mention that NeHe has a really annoying habit of overusing global variables. You may have forgotten to change something somewhere from NeHe''s "roll" to your "texRoll." Try just putting "#define roll texRoll" at the beginning of your code. It''s a very messy solution, but, if it works, then at least you''ll know what your problem is: You need to seek and destroy all references to "roll" by replacing them with "texRoll."

I dont have that many calls to it, just one in the main loop and then in my draw code for the texture coordinates. So i know its not that. Its just that the value of his variable is always like this:

and mine comes out like this:

WTF? Its all messed up, i tried initializing it equaling to 1.0f 0.0f and alot of other values but no luck. I know he doesnt set his variable to anything before using it i looked all over his code. So why do i get such different numbers?

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!