• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mif2000

Running Men (indirect control)

This topic is 2637 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Genres: Indie, Arcade, Puzzle, Platformer, Psychology Drama, Social Satire

Description: Some global Corporation carries out professional development training for their managers. You play as one of these managers, who perform the tasks of training by means of guinea pigs.

You've never seen anything like it. At first glance, you might think that it's a usual arcade-puzzle game. But actually, it's a serious psychological drama with unique gameplay and elements of social satire. After playing this game you will forever change your attitude to computer and video games.

Link: Play game

rm_poster.jpg

Screenshot:
rm_screenshot1.jpg

Advertisement
You've never seen anything like it. At first glance, you might think that it's a usual arcade-puzzle game. But actually, it's a serious psychological drama with unique gameplay and elements of social satire. After playing this game you will forever change your attitude to computer and video games.
I tried to play it due to the promises in the blurb, but I reached my frustration threshold before finding the promised unique gameplay and social satire. I was definitely not 'forever changed' though tongue.gif
I got up to the level in the picture where if the timing of the blades is wrong, you're forced to let some workers die to fix the timing up. Seeing the 'puzzle' elements are just based on twitch elements (resulting in a lot of dying to learn by error), I'd probably become less frustrated if the respawn time was lower.

Great art-style though cool.gif

Make the game a lot less finicky and it'll be more enjoyable. Right now I imagine you'll just have a lot of people get annoyed at the preciseness required for the timing. Even adding a green light on the pull out platforms that is lit only when they can walk on it would be good. I like where you're going with it but, at this point it's just frustrating.

I stopped at level 17 since from the level design it looked like you ran out of ideas. Good start though just make it more varied. Also restart the level from scratch instead of continuing when a test subject dies. You had these parts where they'd just run one after another and die since the blade was just moving back and forth. It forces the player to wait.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!