• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
starsniper

how to advertise a new game

This topic is 2631 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im putting together my marketing plan for smart phone games and im hoping for a little help with ideas. I will have a pretty small budget of about 10k. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

Im putting together my marketing plan for smart phone games and im hoping for a little help with ideas.

[quote name='starsniper']
I have an extensive background in business and marketing.
[/quote]
:huh: ? You must have some ideas?

I have quite a few. I've written some articles to submit to relevant publications, I've accumulated over 500 websites that are game forum/chat room related to post on, I am building a website that will use link referrals and traffic exchange programs, I have started a blog, made but not posted youtube vids, I have a list of free advetising websites, facebook and I am considering experimenting with a text advertising service.

I have other ideas as well but because I am unfamiliar with this exact concept I fear I might miss some excellent opportunities that might be common place in the gaming world.

I have other ideas as well but because I am unfamiliar with this exact concept I fear I might miss some excellent opportunities that might be common place in the gaming world.

Is the game finished? If so, you missed a big marketing opportunity by getting it out there. A lot of indy game fans thrive off being able to watch the development cycle and usually you get great marketing from it just having a frequently update facebook page/dev blog. I know all the indy games I like have either come from people who did that or I did that with.

Good idea Lazy! No the game is not finished, or started for that matter. And that is precisely the kind of thing I don't want to miss. I have a blog set up but wasn't sure it would be very effective. Now I will reconsider that. Thanks very much.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!