• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
CreativeMFS

Snake - check it out

This topic is 2634 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Check it out guys, my first game. Snake - for windows.

I think it is rather well done. I do not use any 3rd party libs, just my own code and Win API functions.

The link is to the .exe and .zip(source).

http://www.mediafire.com/?db959tciirdd0

Advertisement

Check it out guys, my first game. Snake - for windows.

I think it is rather well done. I do not use any 3rd party libs, just my own code and Win API functions.

The link is to the .exe and .zip(source).

controls:

wsad - up down left right

p - pause

esc - exit

up down left right arrows - move window

green - food

black - obstacle

http://www.mediafire.../?db959tciirdd0

Checked out this morning... no problems at all. Smooth experience.
Input is ok on my non-standard keyboard layout.
I found the ability to turn 180 degrees a bit... ankward... but that's a minor issue. +1 for you!

It was fun! One suggestion: I remember a long time ago playing the Nibbles game that came with QBasic. The one cool thing that always had you coming back was that it had true levels that were increasingly harder to navigate. It made you want to keep coming back to see what that level you could never get to looked like. And there were lots of them - and they got really hard pretty fast! Just a thought. Anyway, good job!

Thank you, and I definitely would like to add 'designed' levels. I just finished it and was not in the mood to either manually fill the grid or write the loops. but I will.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!