• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
RobertAdri

Java 4 Beginners

This topic is 2637 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys!, I've been checking the forums since I had 12, but never actually built a full game, Right now I suddenly got more passionate about it and started learning to Game Program using JAVA...
Why?
Because IT'S AWESOME! *-*
You can control Everything, a few years ago, atfirst I just followed advices about using C/C++ to start with game developing, so I discoverded OpenGL, Loved it, Learned it, Lived it.
Then Minecraft came.
I sat through 5 hours straight watching one of the creators Live Streaming his work for the Ludem Dare #48 If you've seen the Movie Limitless or read the book, then this guy is just about to overdose.

Yes, You should learn C/C++ if you want to make your own IDE or GUI to manipulate your game at Level Creation or as an Editor.
but be sure to learn JAVA. Just try it and you will see.

So...
Here's a Little Tutorials that WILL let you start from scratch and understand everything, well almost everything.
What you don't Google it. or ask here.

Space Invaders 101

This Tutorial wasn't made by me,
The author is Kevin Glass, and he sure made it worth the while.

This is What i made out of it:
[attachment=5610:AgaMe Invaders.zip]

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!