IE truncates dynamic text boxes AS3

Started by
2 comments, last by arcontiJoe 12 years, 6 months ago
Hi all,

Ive got a web game up and it looks fine in all the browsers except for IE. In two of the menus, the left side dynamic text boxes are truncated, whereas the center and right side text boxes are fine.

The game is written in AS3. The text fields were not programatically created, I made them with flash and dragged them into position on stage.

Im not sure how to go about fixing this.
I created arrays for both of the truncated text fields and defined the height and width of each array element in the hope that that would work, but still no luck.
Anybody have any idea why this is happening or, more importantly, how to fix it?

Thanks
Advertisement
Update:

Still no fix.

IE version that displays bug is [font=arial, sans-serif][size=2]v 8.0.6001.18702.[/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=2]
[/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=2]I attempted a generic text. Arial instead of OCRA Extended.[/font]
[/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=2]After enabling border mode for text boxes, I was able to determine that the text boxes are not being altered. The text itself is being altered.[/font]
[/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=2]No love. Any help would be appreciated.[/font]
This is a longshot, but I remember having this same exact issue and pulling my hair out over it a year or two ago -- only to find out several hours later that somewhere along the line, I'd forgotten to embed my fonts. Hope that helps.
I did try that but it didnt work. I did get it fixed however.

Notes:
The bug occurred in 2 versions of Firefox, 1 version of IE and 1 version of Safari.

As stated previously, generic text didnt fix the bug and border mode showed that there was no change to the size of the text box.

Remember, this was happening only in the left side tables.

THE FIX (dramatic isnt it?)

The only way that I was able to fix the issue was to increase the size of the text boxes drastically, about 5 times their original size.

I dont know why border mode didnt show any actual alteration to the text boxes, but there was indeed a width change to them.

Not sure why this occurred, im just glad its over with :)).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement